Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport in the snow.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We tried catching some perch on RP this morning. The edges were not bad were we got on the ice ,just past the dam a ways, But the slush monster was starting to show itself. I only had one perch hit just after drilling the first hole. Also started snowing then. Drilled several holes no bites or fish marked My friend had one big trout witch got off and a perch witch did the same thing . The snow did not let up until we had packed up and were leaving, Then the weather was nice but it was time to go home.
I hope the perch are biting better next time Question, Do the perch like one part better than another On Rockport. Any advise is welcome thanks.
We used ice fly's tipped with wax and meal worms, jigs cast masters, and other perch lures, along with strait crawlers. good fishing to all and Tight lines.
The picture is of a 27 pound carp I caught behind the Woodruff Narrows dam
[signature]
Bared the storm as well today to make the trip to RP with my pappy. Edges were grand as we rode on and off with a snow machine at the marina. Tried different perch locations where we have been successful before with no such luck. marked fish all day on the bottom with no takers no matter what we tried. Fished from 40 to 25 fow. We were able to real in a few trout that would come thew shallow. The fishing report from other anglers on the ramp side were similar. Could have been the storm and many other factors but fishing was poor for us as well. As far as what to use, your using it imo. That's all I have ever used and worked well.

Nice jumbo carp btw...
cheers...
[signature]
You used a snowmobile, do you think a wheeler could get around okay? Heading up in the morning.
[signature]
Saw a Quad out motoring around yesterday, snow was a crunchy 6" with a couple inches of very firm slush below then solid ice maybe 8". If you have chains or good tires you should be fine. Zero fish for me and a couple Trout for my son. Graphed perch on the bottom but couldn't make them bite even though they would follow.
[signature]
Thanks, will report tomorrow after fishing.
[signature]
We will return also, but only if those darn fish start cooperating! [Wink]
[signature]