Fishing Forum

Full Version: Mantua ice condition? *Update*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was thinking about hitting this pond later today. Hoping it would save me time if I tried fish`n for any report on the ice condition here first. Thanks
[signature]
Don't know about the ice conditions but I drove past there twice today and there were quite a few people out there. Most on the north and east side I believe
[signature]
Thanks TRW. The boss needed extra things done so I postponed the trip for tomorrow morning. I'll post an update for others as soon as I am able to do so tomorrow.
[signature]
Came up the road to the boat ramp and everyone else seemed to be congregated in that general area. Fished east of the water pump station in about 18fow from 8-12 noon. Ice was 11inches thick with 8+ inches snow/slush mix on top but you were able to stay on top of it until you moved around. Iced 1 and missed a bunch at 12fow. Marked a lot of movement at the bottom but couldn't get them to bite. Nice day outside. Slight breeze every now and then but sunny and clean air to breathe.
[signature]