Fishing Forum

Full Version: Anybody hit Echo/Rockport 2/4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone make it to Echo or Rockport on Saturday 2/4? I'm planning on going to Echo on 2/5 and was wondering if the edges required a plank.
[signature]
Fished Rockport today . 2 inches of slush,1 foot of ice . Getting off lake at 4:00 P M a few people went through to there waist . Snowmobile went through getting on ice at 4:00 P M .Fishing was good for small rainbow . Beautiful day to be out !! Happy trails and be safe !!!!![sly][fishon]
[signature]
Getting on you will be fine. Getting off you will also probably be fine but you may want to bring a 5' plank.

Today it was really warm during the afternoon so the edges were crap getting off.
[signature]
Fished echo got on and off with 18 inch boots ok everybody caught 10 or more small perch only a couple inches of slush on the ice the boat ramp is starting to get bare[fishon]
[signature]
Fished Echo on Friday. Had no problem with the edges getting on but it was still below freezing, getting off it was starting to soften. Slush on the ice. I would recommend a plank just to be safe, hate to drive all that way to get wet or come home!

Catching was great for perch. Only fished for a couple hours and took home 22 perch, threw at least that many plus back. They would chase my bait up to 10' off the bottom! I was in 23 FOW.
[signature]
This time of year, no downside to bringing along a plank.
[signature]