Fishing Forum

Full Version: Deer Creek open water ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking about fishing the bank on Deer Creek tomorrow but I'm wondering if this cold snap refroze anything up there.Any of you folks do daily drive bys / commutes through there ? Usually hit the Rainbow Bay area for easy access. Any info is greatly appreciated !
[signature]
I went by there today and it appeared that the lake is totally ice free. I did see two brave souls in a boat trolling. It should be OK fishing from shore.
SS
[signature]
Thanks for the info.....hope the big bows are hungry !
[signature]
We were one of three boats out trolling this morning and we found that there were patches of skim ice out north of the island. Rainbow Bay and out around the main ramp are wide open with water temps around 35-36 degrees.

There were a handful of people around the ramp that were getting bites as we unloaded and set to trolling.

Good luck and dress warm it was around ten degrees when we launched.
[signature]
[quote slimerslayer]Thinking about fishing the bank on Deer Creek tomorrow but I'm wondering if this cold snap refroze anything up there.Any of you folks do daily drive bys / commutes through there ? Usually hit the Rainbow Bay area for easy access. Any info is greatly appreciated ![/quote]

It has been open water a couple weeks, there are some recent reports on here where big fish were caught from boats. Should be a perfect weekend to go fishing with the warmer weather returning.
[signature]
Do you know if there's a dock in the water at the main ramp, where I can tie the boat while I park the rig?
[signature]
The little courtesy dock is all that is in water at this point and time. Hopefully that will work for ya.
[signature]
Thanks for that info, yes I've used that before, just a little harder to tie up to.
[signature]
The dock is high in the water If the wind is blowing may put some marks on your boat
no snow are Ice on the ramp

2017 Fish stocking information

DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 19040 7.16" 02/13/2017
DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 10982 7.16" 02/13/2017
DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 10612 9.71" 08/10/2017

something wrong with this last date.
[signature]
Dear fish._hntr i was wondoring if you or any of your friends can give me some tips on fishing at deer creek i am going later today and i want to impress my dad
[signature]