Fishing Forum

Full Version: BulletTJ, Chick, Bass, 03/20/2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished out of Grasshopper today. It has been a while since I fished so it took a little while to figure things out. I ended up catching 10 Largemouths. 8 of them were keepers. The biggest fish I landed was right at 5 lbs. The big fish broke off. I caught the 5 lb. fish on wood and didn't take the time to retie my lure. Just got lazy and I know better. I fixed my worm back after the 5 lbr. and made a cast. The bait never made it to the bottom. I set the hook and the fight was one. Well it was on for a minute. She rolls up beside the boat to let me look at her. Then she turns and heads off to deep water. The line goes limp and she is gone. The line looked like you had rubbed it with a metal file. Bad thing is as I made the cast I thought you should have checked your line. My best 5 would have went a little over 16lbs. I caught them on a lipless crankbait, a chatterbait and shaky head. Most of them came on the shaky head. You had to fish unbelievable slow. Water temp was 54 degrees. It was a nice day on the water and I ran into my Ol' buddy Vinnie. He was catching a mess of crappie but I will let him tell you about his day.