Fishing Forum

Full Version: Kemmerer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone knows if the ice is off Kemmerer Reservoir? Also Viva Naughton? Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Naughton was still frozen over with unsafe ice last week.

It's been cold at night. It was 20 degrees this morning with a high of 45 the past few days.

I imagine this weekend or the next will be the time.
[signature]
city res in 50% iced off, mostly the inlet side due to runoff.
viva has people ice fishing still
[signature]
Anybody know how the Ham's Fork is fishing? I haven't been out there in a few years.
[signature]
i was there two weeks ago and flows were insane
[signature]
Water flows are high and it is off color. I imagine a few nymphs should be the ticket. If Bobber fishing is your thing. Egg patterns were working a few weeks ago.

Swinging streamers may also be an option especially if you can get a nice slow swing through pockets of fast water transitioning to slow water.

Stripping minnow patterns through pockets where fish hang out will also be a productive method.
[signature]
Thanks guys for the info. I'm going to try to get out there in the next few weeks. I will post a report if I get out.
[signature]
Good luck, that river looks like chocolate milk and it's running high and fast.
[signature]
The ice is just starting to come off of Naughton. Now would be the time to cast flies on the ice and drop them into the water for some bruisers.
[signature]
Thanks for that generous info!
[signature]
The Ham's coming out of Naughton is very high and coming out of Kemmerer reservoir is extremely high. A few more feet and the water will be coming over the dam in Kemmerer. The run off hasn't ever begun yet. If you plan on wading the river, bring a life jacket.

The southern portion of the lake is highway open and I gave it a go today for around 30 minutes. The wind was howling and the snow was coming down. I only changed flies twice, because I boneheadly left the gloves at home.

Be careful accessing the lake, because they is a bit of snow on the banks.
[signature]
Sounds like a summer of stillwater fishing, I don't think we'll be on the rivers until fall.
[signature]
I was only interested in the lakes. Thanks!
[signature]