Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Bass, ok day, 6/28/17, alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, what a difference a couple days can make. I hope no one went out today on what I said and fished a crank all day. emoBang If they did I hope they did better then me on it. I was all excited about the crank bite and got out this morning expecting to repeat, it was anything but a repeat. I think I caught three little slicks on the crank. I gave it up after wearing out my shoulder and went to the shakey. They were still there, the shakey worked and it salvaged the day. Don't know why they would not chase today. I gave up the crank about 9:30, shifted over to the shakey still fishing the ledges, edges and drops and starting hitting a few. I did not count the numbers but I am going to guess I managed around thirty in the boat. Size was a little smaller with about at least half of those being shorts. Had a couple right at three, one good one that tipped my scale at 5 pounds and 4 ozes, the other two of my limit would of had to have been a couple two and a halfers. emoBooHoo Respectable with about 17 pounds but right now that probably would not have been a check today if I had been in a tournament.<br /><br />Lake temps was down again this morning in the seventies and again when I left was back up in the eighties. Found several bass hanging right at the grass line in about 9 to 10 foot. The five lber came from that depth also. The rest came from deeper water around 15 to 22 foot like the other day but just on the shakey. There did not seem to be much current if any, blue bird sky and very little wind. That could of caused the tougher bite. <br /><br />I got told today by one of my buddies on the water he had thought I would be gone by now. emoRolleyes My closing had been scheduled for the 28th but it got postponed. It is now rescheduled for the 7th, hopefully this one will happen. Better half and I are wanting to close on this home before we leave for Arkansas. Looks like you are stuck with me a couple more days. emoBigSmile Jmax<br /><br />Here is my 5/4, got the phone cover in the picture. emoDoh