Fishing Forum

Full Version: Mr. S, Chickamauga, Crappie, 7/2/2017, Slimer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally had the opportunity to go out for a while Sunday, with cookouts and the like going on that evening that is why this report is delayed. I just headed out no particular plan in mind I hadn't been on the water in a month, note to self you need to work on that... I stopped at the little store there at Harrison Bay entrance and looked through his supply of BG baits, I picked up a bag of Vegas, and something else. I also noticed he had some 3" Crappie magnets that looked like Huge baby shads. So I grabbed a couple bags of those in a purple with chartreuse tail and off I went... I had no clue as to where to look so I rounded the corner of Harrison Bay headed up the delta area and checked a creek channel where I had previously found some fish. Luckily they were there and my next task was to figure out what to offer them. I started out with a Lightwire jig head in 3/32 purple in color, I was just dying to use that color and I put that big 3' Crappie magnet body on there, I was thinking that #1 sickle hook wasn't going to be able to handle that giant body bait but it did just fine. Right off the bat bam! on almost back to back casts I land 2 14" fish on the Crappie Magnets. That bite kinda slowed so I decided to try out the BG Vegas 2" baby shad. Lets just say that that color and bite was consistent enough to make me not want to change colors again. Over the next several hours netted 10 crappie including 2 shorts, 3 trashy green fish a brown fish and a fish I will only refer to as Slimer, for those of you that remember him from his big screen debut in the Ghost Buster films. So back and forth between these 2 baits for the 4 hours I put in fishing. I also moved to one other spot that I have caught fish on previously and nobody seemed to be home.