Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Lake Ouachita, Bass, 8/13/17, Jmax Lives!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hard to believe I have not been fishing since I moved. emoCrazy Monday morning I just about threw myself out of the bed trying to set the hook on a fish in my sleep while having a dream emoGoofy I was weak in the knees and was having withdrawals. I thought, "I don't care what I have planned today, I am going fishing."<br /><br />Every boat that came by my back yard fishing I had been asking if they were catching anything. Every one of them said the fishing was poor to bad. emoDoh I just could not bring myself to go on the lake I live. That posed the question on where to go? emoScratch Since the front gate into the Village is about 10 miles from a boat ramp on Lake Ouachita I decided that would be the first lake I tried since coming back. With little hope of success I headed that way. There was a small chance of rain and luckily I had the rain suit in the boat. Nice morning going there, over cast and cloudy with a cool breeze, felt more like Fall then August.<br /><br />All went well getting there and launching the boat. Started fishing some grass edges not too far from the ramp since I had no idea where to start or what to do. Seemed so strange to see this huge boat parking lot with not one boat trailer in it. Had that whole area to myself. emoEek I knew then I was no longer on the Chick. Did not take long before my spook got crushed by my first AR bass, set the hook, made a few turns of the handle and off it went. emoHoppingmad Great, 1st bass of my new home from the boat got off. Went a few more yards down the grass line and another crushed it. Line stretched and up came a nice 2 and a half pound large mouth. emoDance No chick monster but try as I did I could not tell that bass from any other two pounder I had caught in TN. Wink <br /><br />Was about then I heard a rumble of thunder. Then another, I turned to look down the lake and I could see it coming. emoBang Turns out the whole chance of rain to be in Arkansas decided to ascend on the lake right where I was fishing! It rained, and rained and then rained some more. emoRain I was determined to fish and I got soaked. Bilge pump worked great, it came on several times. The bad side was the rain kind of shut down the bite. Got on some decent big spots and boated a couple more large mouth. Nothing all that great but I got my fix. The final score was a few missed, a couple lost and six in the boat. For my first trip out since coming here I will take it. Tight lines to all of you, Jmax emoAngler