Fishing Forum

Full Version: silvertalon, CFF # 11 Winning Report, Ckick, LMB, 9/16/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here's my winning bragger's right's report, lol. I was boat 12,. I went to the back of Dallas Bay because 2 weeks ago I nailed a couple of keeper's on a Fluke but, the water dropped 1/2' so I didn't find any bait as it was still to dark to see. I had to chop my way out of the hydrilla and realized it was a stupid move to make. I then decided to run up river about 15 miles as I found a spot in practice that gave up a 7lbr and 2 other keepers. NG, caught Nothing. Second stupid move. Everyone knows the fish are there one day but gone the next (usually). It was now 9A and I high tailed it back down river and through a couple of dense fog banks that rolled in. I fished a shallow flat near a channel swing with boulders, light scattered vegetation but mostly, Bait! There were no apparent signs of bass feeding anywhere but I caught fish here in practice including a 7 plus that pulled off next to the boat. I've been into a few nice fish in the last 2 weeks but no numbers and just a handful of dinks each time out. I took my first keeper about 3 lbs on a spinner bait at about 10A. Then shortly later had a good one about 4 plus, pull off. Whats new right? I started to cry the usual river of bass tears and usually ya never recover from a good lost fish right? Nearby, was a nice isolated laydown tree from the bank that I pitched to and caught a 4lbr! Yeah- fish # 2! It was about 11:30 and with a 2P weigh-in and running-in time to consider., the pressure was on. I went covering a lot of water and I tried nearby areas to no avail. Not even any shorties. I went back to my flat and with some baitfish still there, It was "pole down". I locked down on it. I kept getting short bumps on a spinner bait so I changed up to a 1/4 oz trap, threw it into some bait that flaired up and Wham! - a 4lbr! ... THEN THERE WERE THREE! Yahoo- A 10 LB plus LIMIT! I then caught 2 other keepers about 2-1/2lbs each that would not cull. (I love whn I have that problem)! It was about 1:35 and I saved 5 mins to stop back at my tree on the way in and had time for about 5 casts. My thinking was, with the lake back up overnight 1/2', maybe another fish would move in on the tree. Now this never happens- I get there and 1st pitch- Wham! my 6.62. It was my last cast of the day and I was breathing deep and hard at this point and I just felt I had this event won! I made it in with 2 mins 20 sec's to spare but not without loosing my second cap in one week, lol. Will my spots hold up or improove over the next 2 weeks? We will see at the next and final #12 CFF. Thanks to the tournament committee for their hard work and to everyone who attended! A list of baits and gear... Triton TR 21X, Mercury, Motorguide, Minn Kota Talon, Lowrance... Falcon, Cashion, Hammer and BPS rods... Lews and Quantum reels... Bill Lewis, War Eagle Zoom and Mann's lures... Sunline 10-25lb test flourocarbon line.