Fishing Forum

Full Version: FishingwithRusty, Gville, lm, 09/16&17, Gray & Sam the Dog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
09/16:went down for the Snagproof and had a ball!!! i love frog fishing!! started in crow creek saturday morning and checked a few mats that Jerry and i had gotten bit on 2wks ago but no fish there but did find another acroos the creek channel that had some in it Smile<br /><br />put the boat on trailer and went down the lake. there is a particular mat the has a creek channel running through it but the channel was matted over and no one had been in there so.............we cut out the channel with the Opti and made one pass back through. had several bites including a couple of quality fish.<br /><br />09/17: so they allowed us to launch at any time or place and be sitting where you wanted to but couldnt begin to fish until your designated time, kind of anticlimatic since the excitement of the tournament blast off is one of my favorite parts but anyway. we decided not to make the run to crow and were sitting in the channel we had cut out at 5am. chilled out ate some breakfast got a rod ready and made our first casts at 6 am. shortly there after i landed one of our better fish and it went from there. with the exception of one 45min lull we got bit pretty consistently. we stayed in the one 300yd square area the entire day. we did find the better fish were in one section and we cut another trail through the mat with the Opti and then fished back through it and caught em Smile overall fun trip! black frog fished slow. as with any frog fishing youre gonna miss a few but we had our chances. ended up 4th with 17+lbs. 20.05 won.