Fishing Forum

Full Version: Kirk, Chickamauga, Bass, 9/21/2017, Matt Risenhoover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Day One of the Bass Nation Team Tournament State Championship started out rocky for us. My boat motor blew up on Tuesday during practice so we had to use Matt's boat today. We were plagued with mechanical issues all morning. One thing after another. We were sitting dead in the water from 7:30Am until around 9:30 am. Finally, around 11:AM we got every thing worked out. (or at least we thought we did.)<br /><br />We got into some decent fish up on the Hiwassee around 1TongueM. Missed some good opportunities to put fish in the boat. We had 3 solid keepers that came unbuttoned at the boat. With about an hour left in the tournament we were able to get 2 fish in the boat around 2TongueM. All fish I caught or almost caught were on a 1/2 ounce football Black and Blue skirt jig with Rage Craw Watermelon Meat. All the fish were shallow, 2-3 feet and under any cover they could find close to the bank. <br /><br />On our way back to Dayton for the weigh-in the mechanical issues surfaced again. We ran for about 6 miles with the motor dying every few minutes. Restart and on our way again. We made it back to Dayton with a few minutes to spare but the boat suffered the consequences.<br /><br />Our two Bass weighed in at 8.94 with one being a 6lb beast. We were firmly in 6th place overall. It had to been a slow day because I saw a lot of 2 and 3 fish bags being weighed in. i think only maybe two 5 fish bags were weighed. <br /><br />We stopped by Sticks house on the way home hoping for some good news and an easy fix. After some hard work and lots of sweat, Stick informed us we had a blown cylinder on Matt's motor. Long day, longer afternoon, disappointing end to a tournament. Got home around 9:pm. We will get them next time.<br /><br />