Fishing Forum

Full Version: Sleepy, Chic, Bass, 11/17/17, Myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time posting a report myself so here goes, fished from about 9-4 and had 8 fish in the boat by noon with 6 being keepers and 2 shorties. These were all caught in 6-8 foot of water over grass and at a grass line on a echo square bill and a couple on a lipless red eye Shad on a wind blown point of the pocket I was in. Went to a few more spots and hit a couple sparse mats I ran up on and had 1 blow up which looked like a solid keeper but he didn’t stay on long enough for me to find out. Couldn’t get him interested in any of the other 10 things I threw at him. Went to another place and had 2 more make single blow ups in some mats but that was it. They would make 1 attempt and that was it. They would not look, bite, spit or swat at anything else thrown their way. Went to fishing around some docks and had some fish busting minnows within range and caught 2 more on the square bill. Was putting all the rods up fixing to head to the ramp then another batch wanted to chase bait and throw water everywhere in front of me so I dug some arsenal back out and hooked up on a few more then packed it in and called it a day. Ended up getting 14 in the boat total. All were caught on square bill cranks and lipless red eye shad. Could not get any top water action at all.