Fishing Forum

Full Version: Henry's Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you are thinking about making the journey North to Henry's Lake . We are catching some big ones not a lot but the size is way up . Check the Idaho Forum . I was with my friend when he caught this one 12 pounds 6 ounces . I live up there most of the year and if I can be any help let me know
[signature]
The pictures coming out of Henry’s so far have been impressive. One of these years I need to get on the hard deck up there.
[signature]
Hey Curt we were up there this weekend and I had my camera going and there are sure a lot of beauties in that pond but they have some serious lock jaw. Thanks for your kind offer of help. It's a great spot to catch some nice fish. Later J
[signature]
I have had a tough go . 6 hours Friday and 6 Hours Saturday . 3 of us 15 rods . Not one bite . I was fishing with Niel , "Hooknhunter" when he caught the 12 pound 6 ounce beauty .
[signature]
Friday was really slow for us as well, I only caught 1 fish all day. Didn't see many fish on the camera either. Saturday I was in the main fish highway with lots of fish, but after two quick ones I went all morning without a fish and then got my last one as I was starting to pack up to go at noon. Be fun to figure out what they want to eat, it would have been a busy day. We sure seen the best fishing was early each day. If you're not in the water at 7:00 you'll miss it. I can see why you like to fish that pond it's a neat spot. That 12 lber must of been exciting to try getting through the hole. Don't think it would have fit through my 6" holes. Should have brought my 10", but I hate the noise the gasser puts out when I'm trying to be quiet and catch fish. Well hard to go back to work today, but sure enjoyed that trip. Catch ya later. J
[signature]
Going to go this week, never been before. Can a truck make it to the lake or snowmobile access only? Like is it off a main highway that's plowed?
Thanks
[signature]
There are 4 or 5 access points . Wild Rose Ranch is the only one that charges . They charge $10 . All the others are free . There is a road that goes all the way around the lake . After you go past Valley View Station . Take the first left .to Enis Montana. The first place you can park will the Hatchery next Wild Rose . If you go past there take the next road to the left and it will take you around the lake . The next parking area is Pintail point . Then Stayles Springs ,it is private property now so you have to walk around the property line . Next is county boat dock . Get away from the crowds . You will need ice cleats for your boots .
[signature]
Thank you curt69 for the info! Greatly appreciated
[signature]
Hey Curt, did you get much snow yesterday? I heard it was a whiteout up there in the afternoon, so I assume there's more snow than Saturday, which wasn't much at all.. I heard it's supposed to get really cool this week, so I expect the ice should be strong enough soon to hold up to those wheelers... We had three wheelers go through the ice on Friday, but they were all at the edge of the lake so none were lost, but a few guys got wet to waist deep... Not quite thick enough yet for the big wheelers... Glad I'd left my sled home even if it was a tough pull to get things on the ice... I found about 5" of ice on Saturday and except for the thrusts and heave areas it was pretty good... I had to cross one transition area that was a little dicey since the water was coming up on top as one sheet of ice was being pushed down and the other side was piling up.. Part of that area had big chunks of ice that had broken loose so one bad step there and it would have been pretty cold... Always makes me nervous to cross those areas, but I got along okay with my sled and gear.. Thanks for the info again, sure glad it was good to go when we got there, would have been a long drive to find out we couldn't fish it, so really appreciate your info ahead of time... Later J
[signature]
It is going to be very cold this week , close to zero . The storm nev
er happed and they are leaving State Park Open till the end of season now . You have to pay 5 dollars at the gate if you don't have a pass . We are using our ATV starting Wednesday thru Sunday . Stay away from the middle of the lake for a while . We got like 2 " of snow .
[signature]
Thanks for the update on things Curt. Ya we seen the middle of the lake was still open water so good warning so folks don't go driving out there and hit thin ice. I used to like fishing the cliffs and I could see myself taking off from the Rose in the dark on a sled and trying to head straight across the lake. That would not work out so well right now. Be terrible to break through clear out there in the middle. Good news about the park staying open. Maybe just wanted folks to beg so they could charge them. Thanks again for the info. J
[signature]
Caught last Sunday , 6.89 pounds . Brookie
[signature]
They have open Henry's Lake State Park up and they are charging 5 dollars a day to park .
[signature]
Saw that on Facebook. So jealous. That’s what I went to Henry’s for and never touched one this year. Did catch some large hybrids though. Our annual Henry’s fish fry had to be hybrids. Not too bad but nothing like those yummy brook trout!
[signature]
That fish could have been a new State record . Damon Keene said he gilled the fish to bleed it . And didn't have it weighed for two days .
[signature]