Fishing Forum

Full Version: silvertalon, Chick, Frostbite, LMB, 12/02/2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pleasure and Pain; The pleasure; Fished all day for only 2 shorties and at 1:30, Wham! My 7.71 Big Fish. Was gonna load out at 1p I was so disgusted but kept slugging it out with big bass in mind and kept thinking about how I been tx fishing the Chick for 4 yrs now but, big bass has eluded me. Finally nailed it. Plus, had Jacob Wheeler take my pics of the fish. The pain; I'd read and commented about the hazard near the power plant- here on the forums. Well guess what? Wham! I found it. Hunter Slough channel. Its an old light marker tower that was cut down and left there. Who would do that? I'm usually very accurate with my mapping when I run in and out of Hunter but was a bit off to one side off this time. Now it cost me a prop and a gearcase. Wiped out my Tempest 25, bent the propshaft and smashed in my low water pick-ups. Somehow the big fish eases the pain. Caught it on a War Eagle Spinner bait in 7 ft of water. Lit a fire under my arse real fast and scrambled like hell for a couple more keepers but, that was my only keeper of the day. I'm planning to put the Triton 21 to rest and use my 16' Quachita shallow draft rig until the lake comes up next season. Too much risk in low water here for expensive equipment.