Fishing Forum

Full Version: mjc1761, Chickamauga Lake, Bass, 2-8-18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got an extreme shock when I read the new regulations for non-resident fishing license requirements for Tennessee. I was getting ready to renew my license and found this regulaion requirement for "GUIDES", especially non resident guides at the bottom of the page. Now my question is why can't Alabama and other states do this if Tennessee is doing it. We have several "non resident" guides that come to Alabama to guide for both fishing and hunting, and I guess my main question is why Alabama can't do the same. Tennesse is taking pride in what they have to offer and if you want to enjoy their benefits they are asking you to compensate them for their outdoor privileges, but Alabama is not following suit, or they just plain ole don't care! Alabama is always talking about their "LACK" of funds for outdoor uses and conservation law enforcement, and several of us heard this in the annual Conservation Board meeting in Montgomery, Al. last year. This is one way to help Alabama conservation funding if they would just try it. $651 for a non resident to guide in Tennessee, but "FREE" for a non resident to guide in Alabama!!! Opinions welcome? Mike Carter