Fishing Forum

Full Version: rstewart, Hiwassee, LM and White Bass, 03/16/18, Birdman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Launched out of B&B around 0900. Water temp in river 48.7. Headed to our first honey hole and picked up 3 quick LM on a suspending jerkbait and a whitebass on a grub. Then headed upriver to see if we could find the White Bass. Nothing at Chatta(Shady) Creek but there was already a boat up in the creek. Did a short drift from Chatta Creek to the Cleveland Utilities thing out in the water. Picked up 2-3 on grubs. <br />Ran upriver further to the Rock Pile. Two boats fishing the rock pile. We drifted the Bradley County side of river a few times picking up Whites here and there. Again there was a lot of current. drift speed about 1.9 MPH. <br /><br />Headed back down river to our "honey hole' again. Water temp this AM was 48.7, water temp @ 1645 was 61.8! For the next 1.5 hrs we spanked them. Caught about 25-30 in that hour and a half timespan. Nothing to brag about, biggest LM was 17", no weight was taken. Biggest White Bass was about 2 lbs. All total we caught about 50. A pretty even mix between LM and Whites. At one point we were casting to the same spot, Birdman with a lipless crankbait and me with a swimbait. He was catching LM and I was catching White bass. And I mean literally to the same stump in the water. He would get hit and then I would get hit. His would be a LM and mine a White Bass. <br /><br />All in all a GREAT day. Wish I was going back today!!!!<br />