Fishing Forum

Full Version: Dead walleye at ramp of South marina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Thanks, Perchound, for the clarification. So, they were, in fact, dumped back into the South Marina harbor. It would appear, from what you wrote, that most, if not all, of those fish dumped back into the harbor were live fish since you didn’t mention that some were dead fish and left floating in the harbor. And that would be a good thing. It would also point out that the DWR folks did an outstanding job of keeping those fish alive in a very confined environment for 2 days before releasing most, if not all, back into the environment alive.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]What the Hell were they thinking? They have an image to maintain of being uncaring butchers who wantonly go out of their way to kill as many fish as possible while doing their evil job of destroying our fisheries. (And for those of you from Rio Linda, that is meant to be sarcastic.)[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] [/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Some of you who posted on this thread have voiced your disgust over this incident. Well, I’m disgusted as well. But my disgust isn’t over the DWR or their practices in managing our fishing resources; it’s over the childish haters who constantly berate the DWR over policies and practices that are well proven to be scientifically sound and accepted world wide for data collection, data analysis, and fisheries management. You crybaby whinners are going to hate the DWR regardless. There is absolutely nothing that the DWR can say or do that will ever change that. And no amount of discussion on these boards is going to change any minds either. So be it.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I wasn’t able to contact my DWR friend that was assisting in the Willard effort, so I can’t pick his brain on policies and procedures, but I’m sure Pat will get a response from Chris Penn and report back on here with what Chris had to say. As for me, I’m done with this thread. You DWR haters are going to hate the DWR regardless of facts. Sad; really! Letting your emotions overrule your ability to listen to reason based on proven science. [:/][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Adios, and may you have an overabundance of tight lines this season.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]