Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Lake Balboa, AR, Bass, 4/2/18, alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was planning to work in the yard today but the weather had other ideas. Woke up to a constant drizzle and thought it would stop in a couple hours. emoTskTsk At 10:00 it was still coming down. Not a rain, just a continual light dusting of cold wet. emoRain The wind was blowing, the wet was chilly and I just could not bring myself to play in the mud to work in the yard. emoDoh Finally decided to give that up and go fishing. emoBigSmile <br /><br />With the late start I was not sure what I might catch but it beat sitting at the house watching the tube. Maybe it was the wind, cold front and pressure system. Maybe it was the warmer water temp that we have been getting up to here. Maybe it is just the bass are starting to move up for the spawn. emoScratch What ever it was I was sure glad it happened. I had one of my best days for Balboa yet. emoSmile It would seem some of the females have finally decided to show up. Tried several baits but the shakey was the ticket today. No mother load but from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. I boated 18 bass with the best five going 16 to 17 lbs. emoDance I had two fours, one three and several nice twos. I know for the Chick that is not even a look in the CBA but for around here that is pretty darn good. I will take it. Water temp when I started was 59.2 and when I headed home was 61.3. A couple of those bass were in a foot or two of water. emoThumbsup I can see come the full moon of April there will be some of these bass spawning.<br /><br />Looking forward to heading ya'lls way come the 16th. emoToast I will be joining the other out of staters who come down and sore mouth all your fish. emoPoke Jmax