Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lincoln beach channel 4/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went out for a couple hours to fish the channel between 4-6. The breeze was relatively calm, the lake was almost glass when I got there but the current didn't know what it wanted to do. It took turn every couple minutes moving my bobber east then west then back again. But after the 2 hours there wasn't a single bite. I got skunked hard. The parking lot was pretty empty and there were a couple people on the North side but other than that it was just a nice relaxing day on the lake.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing the pictures. As cool as it was yesterday I would have thought there would be more wind on the lake. Too bad the fish didn't want to play, but at least you got out!
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry you didn't get more love. But the channel produces best when the fish get more active. Once there are insect hatches the bluegills and white bass (and crappie) come into the channel more. That brings in the cats and walleyes. But there are almost always some bullheads (mudders) if you fish the right spots with worms or fish meat.

I might suggest that if you are restricted to fishing from shore that you go to the end of the south dike and cast straight east toward the mountains. The depth drops off deeper/faster there and there are usually fish in closer to shore when they are not in the shallows yet. See the attached map. The X marks the area you should cast. But it can be good for a ways around to the west too. Keep varying the length of your casts and the direction until you get some action.

There is still a concrete barrier at the beginning of the south dike. But it is only a short hike out. And it can be worth it.

[/#0000FF]
[signature]