Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jordanelle in the rain 4-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
My buddy Sage and I decided to make our first trip of the year today, and Jordanelle was the target. The weather was forecast to be wet, and it was, but we didn't let it stop us from putting some browns in the boat. Sage's boy Jaken joined us. We were the only boat on the water until 1 pm. Between the three of us we boated 23 browns, and lost at least that many more. Nothing big..... most went 16" to 19", but they were up and aggressive. I managed to do something that I've never done before: I hooked up on my first cast of the year [Tongue] All in all a fun first day out! Fred K.
[signature]
Nice job. I love it when the Brown bite is on. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Great fish! Looks like a fun day. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Sure thing guys [Wink] Fred K.
[signature]
I'm glad you had a great day fishing at Jordanelle. I also went fishing yesterday. I started at current creek reservoir, then I went to deer creek, unfortunately I didn't catch anything. At current creek I used a jig with some chub meat. At deer creek I trolled with a flasher and octapus. I also trolled with some flashers and worm, and flashers with a repala. Is there anyway you can give me some pointers? How fast should I be going? What depth? What lure?
[signature]
We took a break from casting for 30 minutes and trolled, but didn't have any action. All of the fish that we caught we casting, and most were close to shore. On those rare occasions when I do troll for trout, I usually keep the speed about 2.0 to 2.2 trolling a Rapala or Pointer. HTH, Fred K.
[signature]
I was at Deer Creek yesterday also. Flasher and squid didn't produce for me either. I then switched to just crankbaits either long lined or on a downrigger down 15-20 feet and going between 1.5-2.0 mph.

All of my action was up on the northwest corner of the lake.
[signature]
We were at Jordanelle on the 5th and managed to pick up 2 really nice rainbows trolling. We also missed many more. We picked up everything on the north east shoreline in about 25 feet of water. We just long lined flashers with a pink squid (between 100 & 150 ft behind the boat) going 1.4 MPH

We tried most other parts of the lake, but did not see any action.
[signature]