Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jordanelle (AM) and DC (PM) Reort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jordanelle:

Fished 05:30 to noon
Water temp 41-42.8
Caught one 18" chunker rainbow, which is happily on the grill.
Tackle: UV Jensen Dodger, white squid 10" of spacing.
17' down, 1.7-1.9 mph

Was looking for kokes, still dont feel I marked any. Saw some bait balls? From time to time (picture included) not 100% sure. Same thing as 3 weeks ago, nice arcs around 60-80 ft.

DC:

Fished 13:00 to 16:30
Water temp 42.8

Had great luck with the walleye "tournament style" (lost both at the boat). Cookie cutters from what I could tell. I chose to vertically jig in about 30 ft of water near that island. Used natural colors and still produced even with the turbulent water.

Had to get out of there when the white caps picked up - weather said 7mph, if that was 7mph I do not ever want to see 10. No fish tacos for me tonight Sad.

Good luck out there folks!

Now that the berry is opening up, this will probably be my last kokanee fact finding excursion at Jordanelle.
[signature]
[quote Uncle_Arnie]

Had great luck with the walleye "tournament style"...

[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "tournament style"?
[signature]
A fa fastic term I learned just last week - a Fancy way of saying they didnt see the net!

I was watching a fishing show where the host was targeting tarpon, after 2 days of no success he finally hooked into one only to see it break off at the boat. To which he exclaimed "ok, excellent fish, and that counts as a catch in all tarpon tournaments so well count it!".

My new favorite fishing term by far - although skunked works just as well.[Wink]
[signature]
I was out there too with a good friend. This was our 2nd trip as you say a fact finding trip for kokanee. We hooked up with 1 descent 14" koke 1 bow 1 brown. No other bites but did mark quite a few fish deep. Water temp was 40* to start with at daylight and 45* by the time we got off of the water about 2ish. The decision was also made that was our last trip to Jordanelle with wouldn't you know it the Berry opening up soon. The wind as you described at DC didn't last very long at Jordanelle and calm back down to glass conditions. The day was a beautiful day but that thought went a long ways when the power squadron showed up. My next trip will be the Gorge next Friday.
[signature]
I was at Jordanelle on Saturday. I have a new fishfinder and I wanted to learn how to operate it. I planned to go to DC but I had my dog with me and they wouldn't let me on the lake with my dog because it is a watershed. Dogs are OK in the campground but not on the water. They said I could go the Jordanelle and my dog could be in the boat. It is interesting that it is the same water source.
At Jordanelle I didn't mark many fish and those I saw (5 or 6) were deep between 60 and 100 feet. I did catch a nice fat 15' rainbow however.
Great weather. Very little wind and the water temp was 43 degrees.
[signature]