Fishing Forum

Full Version: ChooChooSnakeMan, Chickamauga, Bass, 6/18/18, Mike and Steve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the day off to fish with two of my very best friends. We've been friends since high school and it was a pleasure to get out on the Chick in my Skeeter with them. We put in at HBSP about 6:45 am and fished until 3:15 pm and it was a beautiful but hot day. Fished from Wolftever Creek to the Dam. Caught all fish on t rigged finesse worms. Red bug seemed to be the color of choice. Water depths fished ranged from 1 foot to 25 foot and water clarity was very good. We fished rock, wood, and man made structure. Not much wind which helped detecting strikes. Many of the hits were very light with often just the line tightening up and moving to the side. Water temp was around 85 degrees. We boated 21 nice bass! No monsters but we had a lot of quality fish in the 2 to 3.5 lb range. Not very many slicks at all. I am so blessed to have friends who have stayed in touch all these years, we had a great outing. I also want to give some input on my Skeeter. The more I'm out in it the more impressed I am. It is a very stable fishing platform, the three of us had plenty of room, the boat just fishes great. The 250 sho pushes it with gusto. We hit 68 mph gps @ 5600 rpm with the three of us (pretty good size guys), full fuel, full live wells and enough tackle to open a store. This speed was also against the current and on a very hot day. She wasn't totally wound out either. We are lucky to have so many quality brands of boats and motors available to us, if you're shopping you owe it to yourself to take a ride in a sho powered Skeeter. Hope to see you on the water and hope your livewell is full, of fish that is :o