Fishing Forum

Full Version: The Bunny is Gone!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The bunny is gone. But the memorys will last forever! After we ate the three of us headed to the pond, a little chilly but dry. I got the zebco 202 baited up and handed it to my granddaughter and started to set up the little bambo for her little brother. Before I finnished I had to stop three times to unhook bluegills. finaly gave Bubby his pole and started removing the forth gill when I had to stop and catch Bubby before he went in the drink. His first time to fish and he got hooked into a 3 1/2lb yellow belly cat that just about pulled him in. We had a blast today and I have davetclown to thank. When it started to drizzle we called it a day.<br> In three hours we ( the grandchildren that is) landed 43 gills, 1--3 1/2lb cat and one small mouth around 1lb. Not bad on 8 small crallers. The cat is in the freezer and all the others are back in the pond.<br>Thanks Dave for the advice. The first time I have been out this year, and probly will be the best day I will have this year. <br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
These are the days that memories are made of.<br>thats some mighty fine fishing ssor.<br><br>you gotta love those zebco 202's for weening the litlens on fishing. saves on the labor and you can enjoy the day.<br><br>I remember getting pulled in to my knees on one of my first fishing trips with my dad.<br><br>http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/ <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
If it had not been for you telling me to go for it I would have missed the chance of a life<br> time with the little ones. I spent about an hour yesterday getting the 202 ready. Some<br> lube and new line had it ready to go. Might be called cheep fishing gear but I think for<br> teaching and learning thy are great. I never got my garcia in the water but it did not<br> matter as the grandchildren kept us all screeming and smiling. It truly was a time to<br> remember. All the catching was from them I was just the helper this time.(ages 4 1/2, 5<br> 1/2) they are the ones to get the credit on the fine fishing, not me!<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.