Fishing Forum

Full Version: Dropshot, Chickamauga, Bass, 9/2/2018, Copyman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We decided to brave the million boats on the lake and try to fish a little before Saturday's CFF. Luckily, it started storming on the way to the lake, which chased of many of the boaters. By the time we got to CFP, the lot was probably half-empty, which also meant it was half full. After a few minutes of watching seven people try to load a pontoon boat, a very nice fellow let us go ahead an launch. We got in the water and on our first attempt out of the park were turned back by lightning in the distance. Stayed in the park for a few minutes when Dusty caught our first keeper, but the boat traffic was so bad it felt like I was in the middle of the lake. We waited a little longer then made a move. Finally got to our spot amidst the wake boats and in the next 2 hours caught 6 fish, 5 of which weighed between 2.5 and 3.5 pounds. Also caught one stripe in the two pound range on a crankbait. Fish were caught on worm, ned rig, dropshot, crankbait, and topwater in 4-12 FOW. Finally close to dark we started the slow move back to the ramp, and were able to load in 15 minutes or so. I was reminded at the end of the day why I normally dodge the holiday weekends.