Fishing Forum

Full Version: Monday Strawberry Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit the Berry at 7:00 a.m. on Presidents day at the south part of Chicken Creek West. 5 degrees early on and up to about 35 after lunch. Hooked three larger slot cutts and one small rainbow. The other nine in our group only caught three with many not getting any bites at all. We were using all the regular lures & baits. Only a couple of dozen people there and hardly anybody getting any action. Not that many fish showing up on the fish finder screen, and those that did were either non-responsive or biting very very very light. By far the slowest of my five trips this year. [Sad] Beautiful day anyway. Glad I had sunscreen or I would have been a crispy critter. 18" of ice and 8"-10" of crusty snow that got messy by the end of the day. With the warmer weather forcasted this week, it will be a real slush-bowl up there soon.
[signature]
Your day sounds a lot like ours. We (my son and I) allso fished Strawberry on Monday. We fished 7hrs and caught 7 fish. We moved around alot and everytime we moved we picked up a few bites. Really slow I was disappointed. On the way back to the marina my 10year old son was driving the snowmobile with me on the back, and there was a park ranger in the parking lot. We got off with a warning. No helmets and him for operating a atv without the ohv class certification. Every body we talked to complained about how slow the fishing was for them as well. the 7 we caught were all in the slot limits. We used all the regular stuff(tubes,crickets, but no buggers)
[signature]