Fishing Forum

Full Version: The biggest catfish I ever fought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This one was going to put me in the Cat Contest record books. I could not get it to the surface for the longest time. Then it turned out it was not even a legal catch. But it sure was fun while it lasted.
[signature]
So did you get a measurement on it? I had a very similar situation earlier this year, fought like I couldn't believe. I ended up landing mine only it turned out to be 25-26" ( I don't remember for sure) but I had snagged it in the fin just behind the vent and that fished pulled like no other, I caught a 29" the same morning and it was nothing like that fish as far a fight was concerned... Well glad you had a great battle and thanks for the story... J
[signature]
Now that's a funny lookin' cat... I have been hoping to catch one of those toothy critters for years with no luck. I have seen a few caught near the springs at Lincoln but no such luck for me. They have been known to cut lines with their teeth when hooked in the mouth so maybe your way was the best way.

Well done.

BLK
[signature]
I once lassoed about a 6 foot sturgeon by the tail (there wasn't a hook in that fish anywhere) and I thought that I had hooked the monster of all time. Fish can definitely fight better if they aren't hooked in the mouth.
[signature]