Fishing Forum

Full Version: Yamaha XTO 425
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the latest generation of outboard put out by Yamaha. I like the features such as doing away with hydraulic steering and going with electrical. Its bringing in the muscle car power. A good sales boost on older generation motors might be sight.

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/home/o...re/v8-5-6l
[signature]
Wow, thats a lot of horsepower in a small package. Back in the day, when they came out with Fly by wire on the F-16, I thought wow, that is impressive. Now all these years later they are coming out with steering by wire on boats, makes me wonder why it took so long and can the rest be far behind, like throttle by wire.
[signature]
The fly by wire was what I thought when I saw this. There were skeptics about it in the beginning but didn't take long to prove itself with the F16. It beats another messy oily system to contend with. Evinrude came out with their rendition a few years ago of an awesome oil injection motor which I call them the transformers. Haven't been able to put a price tag to this awesome Yamaha machine.
[signature]
Awesome motor but heavy.
In Utah we are getting the short end of the stick by not having a couple good Suzuki dealers.
I just put a Suzuki 9.9 battery less efi motor on my walleye boat and it runs flawless.
[signature]