Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lost Creek Res
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone catching anything above the slot at LC? The last time I went we only caught small planter cutthroat that were skinny and hadn’t been to the grocery store yet. Others up there experienced the same thing. Still waiting to hook into a tiger up there too. I’m glad the road is repaved up there but hope the fishing will get better.
[signature]
I haven't caught anything above the slot since they put it in place but LC has never been known as a big fish catching place. Ever once in a while someone will post about a big one being caught there but they seem to be few and far between. Our only trip up there since ice off was similar to yours but other members, fishing with flies reported better success but no slot busters. Haven't heard of any good tigers being caught there for years but I'm sure a few are still in there. Any idea when it was that the DWR last stocked tigers in LC?
[signature]
Here are two cutts that were good size that were caught up there in the spring. One was over the slot and both were released. They were caught a week apart near the dam.
They’ve been stocking tigers for a couple years. DWR is doing a gill net survey and last year’s survey turned up very few but large tigers so it will be interesting to see what comes up this year. I just never hear of anyone catching any tigers yet up there
[signature]
Two really nice fish you got there. I had my best day at LC this year in the spring too. Thanks for releasing that one over the slot as well.
[signature]
I have caught a couple of tiger trout there, but all were about planter size. I’m surprised by the lack of tiger caught given the number planted. I’ve also caught some splake, but that low catch rate doesn’t surprise me like the tigers do.
[signature]
In my fantasy world, I’m just going to assume the reason why the tigers aren’t showing up is because they are getting so big that they don’t want night crawlers, powerbait or lures/flies less than 8 inches long. They are looking for planter bows and cutts or small dogs or children [bobWink]😂
[signature]
LOL, that may be true. In Washington State we had a small pond with some monster Tigers in it. People would see them all the time, but no one would catch them.

Then, a worker at Cabela's went to the pond with some 8" swim baits and caught the State Record and several over 10 pounds. The pond has sense been killed out and restocked with other fish, but, for a while, it was a lesson on how to fish for big Tigers, and big fish in general.
[quote chuckbigflies]They’ve been stocking tigers for a couple years. DWR is doing a gill net survey and last year’s survey turned up very few but large tigers so it will be interesting to see what comes up this year. I just never hear of anyone catching any tigers yet up there[/quote]
I tried to find a post where a member was ice fishing and caught some 6 or 7 lb tigers there at LC but I'm pretty sure they were stocked years ago. Seems like there are always a few tigers that survive when they are stocked but the vast majority seem to just disappear for some reason.
[signature]