Fishing Forum

Full Version: 2018/2019 Ice Challenge SkunkedAgain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
November 17, 2018
Rainbow slimer 11.0”
Tony Grove Lake
Sorry forgot placard on one photo but thought other was 11” but later it looked short so took a picture of the next one that shows the full 11”.

[#0000ff]Great! First one on the board![/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#ff0000]Rainbow trout - 11[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Way to get us primed!
[signature]
Probably the smallest fish to hit this category all year, but I about got blanked last year for bows so I took one when I could. I need to take what I can, when I can this year, it’s too easy to get shut out in some categories. Like I never found a descent pan fish last year so I need to work hard on that category. Oh the fun has begun. Hope to see yours on the board soon. Later J
[signature]
It's looking like I may not get out until my antlerless hunt ends on Dec. 9. But that's still a decently early start and the ice may be safer by then.
[signature]
Always fun to hunt too so can’t complain about that. Good luck. J
[signature]
November 21, 2018
Tony Grove
Rainbow 13.5”

[#0000ff]Upgrade that 'bow! [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#ff0000]Rainbow trout - 13.5[/#ff0000]
[signature]
12-7-18
Mantua
Rainbow Trout 17.5”
Blue Gill 7.5”
Perch 7.5”
Green Sunfish 7.5”

[#0000ff]Nice collection for the day! [/#0000ff]

[#ff0000]Rainbow Trout - 17.5
Blue Gill - 7.5
Perch - 7.5
Green Sunfish - 7.5[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Nice assortment. That's why I joined the challenge. I'm fairly new to the game and have only caught some trout and a few perch along the way.
[signature]
Way to go! And I could have been with you.... I got all excited for about half a second when I looked at your first picture and saw that you got a 28" bluegill [Tongue].
[signature]
I’m glad you like that going for variety, that’s why I love it too. Takes me out of my slimer rut and gets me looking for other stuff. Nothing big yet but a fun mix anyway. Think anyone will enter a perch smaller than that one? Good luck and have fun. J
[signature]
Not sure about a smaller perch, but I entered an itty bitty bass today. First ever large mouth for me, hard or soft water.
[signature]
You’ll be happy with that bass they aren’t easy through the ice. Nice job! J
[signature]
Hey I need you to score my fish. I like that 28” blue gill. Wish you could have made it. Was a fun trip. Later J
[signature]
Thanks. If nothing else, it will add to my species count
[signature]
Sure will plus a bump in the bass class. One of these days Ron will put out the scores and that bass will help you for sure. Later J
[signature]
I have little hope of winning the challenge. I'm only hoping to add a new species or upgrade previous ones each trip I make. So far so good.
[signature]
I think that is the formula for winning, just keep working at it and all of a sudden you're a contender... and if not you're having a lot of fun anyway... good luck... J
[signature]
I'm with you on the goals. Plus, I'm going to be "pushed" to fish new places [sly]. Hope I see you on the ice sometime.
[signature]
No doubt new waters and techniques are in my future. Time to put Skunk's formula into practice. Looking at one of your recent pictures, I better keep an eye out for Santa on ice. Good luck to you.
[signature]
I've only gotten one Santa gig this year, so far, but it will bring in enough for me to buy that ice auger from SkunkedAgain. [Smile]
[signature]