Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ice fishing season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It’s getting close to that ice fishing season, now is the time to get everything ready. If you are well prepared you will have a much better time. Check your auger blades or replace them, if you have the gas powered auger get it running before you take it out. There’s nothing worse than having a auger that won’t start. Most of all be safe out there and have a fun ice fishing season.
[signature]
Hey Chuck, have you been getting out on the ice any, this Winter? If so, what are you catching there?
[signature]
Hey Curt, no not yet, nothing was froze until this week. I will be checking things out this weekend. Have you been out yet ?
[signature]
Leaving in a few minutes for my 5th ice fishing trip of the season. Pretty surprising your guys there are just getting good ice[crazy].
[signature]
Boyd now has good ice about 4 in. on the main lake and 6 or more in the marina. I talked to a couple of guys that had caught a 20in. walleye last week. I will give it a try next week on Friday.
The outdoor expo show is coming to Denver next week, I think I will go to it this year. I just have to go down to Denver, hmmm that place scares me. It’s big and you can get lost real easy and lots of traffic.
[signature]
Anytime I hear of anyone catching an eye through the ice around here it is surprising to me, must be a good population of them in Boyd. Good luck when you get out there. I hear you on Denver, you got to have a GPS to navigate in big cities any more.
[signature]

Yeah, a 20in. Walleye thru the ice is a good one, my biggest is 17 1/2in.
There’s a pretty good population of walleyes in the other 6 lakes around Boyd also and they are all hooked together. All the other lakes are private unless you live in that neighborhood or have a friend that lives in there. Boyd is the only public lake.
[signature]