Fishing Forum

Full Version: A Bed Time Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once upon a time in a land far away, I found this little sporting goods store. It was about 65 miles from my home,so I didn't get to visit the little store very often. But when ever I did have the opportunity to go to the little store it was like Christmas for me. The people who worked there were ever so friendly and could answer my questions and they had all of the toys that I dreamed about owning some day. It was a magical place with prices that were very reasonable. The name of that new little store was Sportsmans' Warehouse. Today for some reason I hear a lot of people complaining about the little store. They think that it is too big and has lost it's charm. They bad mouth the little store and say that they don't shop there anymore.
Is there something wrong with growing up and becoming a big store? [Smile] The other day I went into this new little sports store and was greeted by friendly people who answered all of my questions and had all of the toys that I one day hoped to be able to own. The name of this great little store is Hooked Fishing Tackle. James, for your sake I hope that you never do well enough to make money and prosper at your little store. I would feel bad if people started bad mouthing you and your great employees just because YOU were good at what you do. The end. DKS
[signature]
I keep hearing all the horror stories as well but have yet to have a problem myself. I have only been to the Provo store so I don't know if all the problems are in Salt Lake or elsewhere. If they are I hope they fix them but please don't send them to Provo. It's the only store close by me to get lots of gear at and I don't want it ruined.
[signature]
Well I for one agree with the fact that this is a story, but just a story!.

when they first opend I felt the same way, it was a wonderland of toys for boys, but as they have grown there customer service has, as Elvis did, left the building. Now I am not dogging on all of their employes I have been assited by a few the were helpful and considerate, but I have also ran into some real idiots that treated me and others like SHIT!, I am a paying customer and because of free enterprise I can take my money elsewere, customer service is everything in buisness, how do you think they got as big as they are now?, because of service!, but they have slipped in that area, and I am not alone in this sentiment, just because your big doesnt mean you kick your cash cow in the teeth.
[signature]