Fishing Forum

Full Version: Blackfoot Res?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been up to Blackfoot Reservoir? Never been, but considering a trip. Any info would be great.
Can you take snowmobiles?
Thanks
[signature]
Try the Idaho board and I think there are a few members that will get ya a PM... It's sort of one of those tight lipped lakes so I doubt you'll get much on an open post. You can take snowmobiles, but if you're from Utah you need an out of state tag to operate one in Idaho. Been many years since I've fished up there, but pretty sure the fish you catch will be nice quality. Last stories I heard were slow days but big fish... Sorry I'm not more help... Later J
[signature]
I fished Blackfoot Reservoir many years ago. We fish the spillway behind the damn it was great for big fish. We would have to walk in from the main road a long walk. But since then they have rebuilt that Spillway area and there is an access road but maybe not in the winter. I've always wanted to go back it was great fishing. If anyone can tell me more about the spillway and the river below it would be great news.
[signature]
I moved to Blackfoot eleven years ago. I'm from Roy, UT. The first few years i was here the fishing at Blackfoot Res. was fabulous for big Rainbows. It was easy to get a 6fish limit of 4 and 5 pound fish from The bank. The ice fishing was always a little tougher because they fill up on carp minnows. But the fish and game must have quit planting as many of those stearal rainbows minnows. Or the Pelicans are eating them. Because it has been slow the last few years. I haven't fished it for 4 years. They usually keep the road plowed to the dam. But they don't keep the road open from Blackfoot through the Indian Resorvation. No word on the Idaho board about it.
[signature]
I live 20 miles north/east of Blackfoot Res- the fishing there has really gone down hill the last few years- Pelicans - mismanagement- they haven't been planting any where enough rainbows- we tried to get Fish&Game to plant more & reduce limit from six to two ( like it is on Chesterfield) so instead they raised the possesion limit from six to eighteen!! Because they said people were complaining that they were driving long distances and staying there for only six fish! I'll let you figure out where they are coming from! This year at the Fish meeting in Soda Springs they got an earfull about the poor fishing- so they actually planted a lot more- It will take awhile for this to help- But really- three day possesion limit??- How can anyone justify that? Kinda makes you wonder about the people we give our money to !!
[signature]