Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport 2-23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Results from my last Rockport outing left much to be desired (last Mon.), so I had lost some confidence....Perch played this morning (Sat.), so I got my mojo back....fishing confidence is fleeting, so when you do have a good (lucky) day, ya just gotta milk it for awhile, 'til the fish beat up on you again, which could be the next time out!....We were in about 46/47 FOW, starting at 0830...my buddy targeted trout and did well....I targeted perch, staying on the bottom....I'd never had success with a Perch Talker before, but today it worked very well, as did small pinkish glow Forage Minnow...wax worms were good, but a small piece of cut perch meat and eye on the treble hooks worked best today...the bite slowed about 1100, but then got hot again about 1200 for another 15 mins, then died completely...no problem on/off ice this day, but next week may be tough....Guluk...
[signature]
Thanks for the report Joe, glad it turned out better this week, with this warm weather this week, it won't be good for a lot of lakes. Water level will start rising now and a plank will be needed but the ice will still be good for a while longer. Any big perch on this trip?
[signature]
Hey Curtis -- they were pretty nice sized, 3, 6-7", 20, 8-9", and 4, 9.5 to 10.5"....going back tomorrow (Tues.) with plank in tow....
[signature]
Wow, that's pretty good, did you catch them all yourself? Where did you get on the ice at?
[signature]
West side of Res.......my buddy was targeting trout, and said he had tons of hits......nice to beat up on the perch once in a while....doesn't happen very often for me....
[signature]