Fishing Forum

Full Version: Big Cottonwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Inspired by Riverdogs report and the proximity of my office I spent about 45 minutes on Big Cottonwood Creek the other day and caught a few browns on dries and one on a zebra midge.

I fished a little run I never fished before and it made me realize how many more miles of stream I have to cover in that canyon!

Video of the action

https://youtu.be/VTl3cW8GSXU
[signature]
Over the years I have done better from 900 East downstream than the upstream reaches.
[signature]
I have caught some 15- 18 inch trout upstream but generally the fish are bigger downstream. I stil prefer the upstream sections. Just prettier area and there are sections you don’t even know the road is nearby. Also a lot cooler in the summer. It’s a stream that offers year round fishing except runoff.
I did run into a guy finishing up his lunch break there the day I went. He fished from shore for about 15 minutes and got skunked unfortunately.
[signature]
Yeah I mainly fish the upper portion but have discovered I need to do recon on quite a bit more stream.

Thanks for sharing some knowledge! I wish I had enough time to cover all the water I have on the list!

Where are good places to access around 900e?

Pm if you want
[signature]
Good video!
[signature]
I grew up at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon, caught a lot of trout out of that creek. I found bigger fish up Little Cottonwood though. Both are fun. There were some big fish up near the Spruces CG in BCC.
[signature]
Great Vid...always nice to wet a fly for lunch!
[signature]