Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ice Off @ OC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been another fun spring at the OC. Not as many monster trophy class as years past, but incredible numbers of quality fish. All cruising close at 5-6' of water. Buggers and hares ears where the ticket for us. Secret has definitely gotten out over the years. Almost looked like opening day on the Kenai River AK some days, lol.
[signature]
WOW! Some healthy looking fish. That last one is a beaut!
[signature]
Thanks...it was good to see them looking so healthy after such a rough summer and fall last year with scary low water levels.
[signature]
Nice looking fish bro, good job.
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Nice looking fish bro, good job.[/quote]

Thanks man...Sad not to see the 24"+ class in there anymore, but if we can keep the lake somewhat full for this year, they will be back.
[signature]
I got word (and have seen the pics) that the big Redfish and Snook have started moving onto the flats. Talking 30+ inches. Trying to get out this week but it looks like the wind is gonna be blowing 20 plus. May have to wait a week.
[signature]
I saw pics of a 30-incher caught out of there this spring at ice-off. So, some are still there. Remember, those big ones are usually the first harvested.
[signature]
Wow looks like fun, very nice fish... congrats and thanks for sharing... Do you mind PMing me OC what it stands for... drawing a blank... Jeff
[signature]
Otter Creek res.
[signature]
Thank you, that hit me though the night and I wondered if that was what it stood for... Thanks for confirming... J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Thank you, that hit me though the night and I wondered if that was what it stood for... Thanks for confirming... J[/quote]

Bingo Smile
[signature]
Thanks that sure looks like fun... J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Thanks that sure looks like fun... J[/quote]

It sure was...we hit it 3 times in about a week. Mornings were definitely the magical time. Doubt we'll make it back up there since the bass fishing is picking up down here.
[signature]
Isn’t fishing the best hobby ever? There’s always another fun bite on the horizon. Later J
[signature]