Fishing Forum

Full Version: Cast for Kids Soldier Creek/Strawberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The Annual Cast for Kids Fishing Event is Scheduled to be on August 10th at Soldier Creek.
They were partnered with the BLM and this event has been going on for the past 18 years without a hitch.
The BLM has chosen to drop its partnership and we are in need of help to continue its tradition.
The Kids involved in this event are Specials Needs and Handicapped and it is the only time a lot of them get to go fishing, especially on a boat.
I have been involved as a Boat Captain the last 2 years and it is very gratifying to not only participate, but to see the priceless reactions these kids show with a day of fishing.
The event gives away prizes and tackle to each kid participating.
There will be breakfast and lunch before and after the event as well as prizes and raffles.
They are in need of volunteers with Food and Prize Committees but the reason I am posting this is they need around 40 volunteer Boat Captains with a Boat Helper in each Boat.
My Daughter has agreed to head the Boating Committee and we are in need of Volunteers to pull this off.
If anyone is interested in Helping let me know so I can get you to the proper people.
Thanks in Advance
Happy Boating!!!
[signature]
Thought I'd bump this back up for those of you that missed it.
[signature]
I would be interested in learning more. I've got a 24' pontoon. My neighbor also has a 20' pontoon and would likely love to help (has a special needs grandfather he's adopted).
Please send me more info.
[signature]
You can sign me up as a boat captain. I have supported this event for the past 10 years and try not to miss it.
[signature]

Bump
[signature]
Hopefully rancid1crabtree sent you the contact info, if not I can send it to you.
[signature]
Thanks. I was sent an email address. Sent an email for more info.
[signature]
[quote rancid1crabtree]

They were partnered with the BLM and this event has been going on for the past 18 years without a hitch.

[/quote]

A few years ago, I exchanged multiple emails with this organization, expressing my excitement in participating, because I have a special-needs daughter and I know how much she enjoys any type of outing. I was told how badly I was needed and that they were looking forward to me participating. The day of the event I arrived earlier than the scheduled time (with my deckhand in tow) and checked in. We watched multiple children be placed on boats, sometime two children, with a parent (total of 4 people), would get on a single boat. After watching this for awhile I asked when we would be assigned a child. I was told that it would happen soon. After watching many more children board boats, and noticing that it appeared there were no more children awaiting their turn, I inquired again. I was told that all children had been assigned to a boat and I would not receive a child. I was told that we were welcome to go fishing by ourselves and join the luncheon. Needless to say, I was frustrated and extremely disappointed. I have not been back.
[signature]
Sounds like an awesome event! I usually volunteer my boat and services for the veterans trip, I'd love the opportunity to serve in this event as well. I am military and often bring active duty volunteers as well. Please keep me in the loop.[fishin]
[signature]

Sorry Kent.
I know how that made you feel. I was in that same "boat" last year but still took out my granddaughter who is special needs..i would make sure you got an assigment
[signature]

Bumping this again...Need volunteers
[signature]
I go up every other weekend for 4 days to fish/camp, I only have a 14.5 foot Lund aluminum 4 seats, that may be to small, but glad to use it to help if needed, or at least pitch in to help with anything else, that is the weekend I will be up there and it would be nice to help where I can.
[signature]

August 10th
[signature]

They need a lot of volunteers for this to go smoothly...They need boaters as well as people on the shore with lunches, prizes and other things. if you are interested Bigbuck54 let me know and ill get you to the proper people
[signature]
Yes, I will be there that weekend, yes would love to help out either small boat or on shore. Let me know where I can, or who I can talk to. Thanks
[signature]
I have an 18 foot pontoon, I'd love to participate. I can also throw the word out to my Airforce counterparts, they are always looking for volunteer opportunities. Please forward my info to the coordinators.
[url "mailto:nehemiahjblake@gmail.com"]nehemiahjblake@gmail.com[/url]
[url "mailto:nehemiah.blake.1@us.af.mil"]nehemiah.blake.1@us.af.mil[/url]
[fishin]
[signature]