Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah Lake Fishing Tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Friends,
I'm new to the site. I have been fishing in Utah Lake for a couple of years since I moved here. I don't have many other places to go as I usually do not have the time to make a trip somewhere to fish. When fishing in Utah Lake, the only fish I catch are catfish and maybe 1 white bass. Do you guys have any tips for catching better fish in Utah Lake? I usually top water fish, but have used lures, crankbaits, spinner baits, etc to try and catch fish, but have not gotten anything. Any tips or tricks or spot recommendations would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
[signature]
Welcome to the site B3B, I was hoping someone that fishes there a lot would be willing to offer some advice but since your post is slipping to the bottom of the page, I thought maybe I could help. First check out the post about UL at this link:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...i?forum=86
One thing I've had some success with is casting lures like the Blue Fox spinner, in silver or gold. That is mainly for white bass. I can't help you if you are after LM bass.
WH2
[signature]
[#0000FF]Utah Lake is a big shallow pond with frequent low water problems. It has limited structure so it is not prime for structure-loving fish like largemouths. But you can find a few inside most harbors and in some of the rocky shoreline areas around the lake.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]They should be in spawn mode about now, and after they get off the nests there will be a period of decent topwater action if you can find suitable habitat. However, most successful bass chasers on Utah Lake do best with spinnerbaits, shallow running cranks and assorted plastics and jigs. The one downside...if there is one...is that the lures you fish for bass might be intercepted by catfish, walleye or even the occasional northern pike.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Here is something that might help.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]