Fishing Forum

Full Version: CFD1102, Chickamauga, Lm, 06/19/19, Dad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had been fishing ledges all morning. I had not gotten a bite. I was going to hump that I had fished a few years ago and something caught my eye on the graph map. A little something different on this ledge. I scanned it several times and it was holding fish. I picked up a half ounce strikeking jig and the second cast she inhaled it before it hit bottom. I set the hook and she started stripping drag. I told my dad to grab the net. She came up and I told him that’s an 8 pounder. He missed her the first try and she made a dive under the boat stripping drag. The second time she came up. He scooped her right up. Then I laid eyes on her and realized it was much bigger than 8 lbs. my scale would not work so I called my brother in law and told him that I had a 12 pounder and needed his scale to make sure. He was on the lake also. He came to where I was, and I weighed her. 11.33, I would like to know what she weighed prespawn.