Fishing Forum

Full Version: Porky Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the kayaks to porky on sunday to do some trolling for kokes and browns. Water was clear and cool and wind was manageable. Never did find anything that wanted to play tug o war tho. Anyone else been up there recently care to share how they did and what was working? I was dragging a pink squid and silver Dodger and that's worked for me in the past.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, sounds like the conditions are improving, hope the fishing will too... Thanks J
[signature]
The last few years the catching has not been that great there, hope that changes. The average size seems to be better but numbers have been way down. Hope someone else has found my statement to be wrong but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
[signature]
Hey Wiperhunter2 we went up yesterday, could not mark many in the main lake,
so plan B was to hit were the stream came into the lake, that was were they stacked up, plenty of action but no size to them. I was hoping for bigger this year.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, when you say there was no size to them, does that mean they were around 9 to 11" or around 6"? I know in the past I have seen that same thing and the bigger fish were deep around the dam area but their numbers were low and the smaller ones were in the back like that. The bigger ones, were hard to get them to bite. In good years there are a lot of those smaller ones, 9 to 11" all over the lake. Haven't seen good numbers of the larger fish 12 to 14", for a very long time[Sad].
[signature]
They were all around the 9 inch mark. It has been about 3 years since i was catching any that were decent., an any numbers.
[signature]
Three year ago we caught a couple that were 12" near the dam about 45 ft down. We were marking a couple of small schools in that area but for the most part they were not interested, once we found those smaller fish in the back we figured if this is all we were going to catch, we would just drive a little farther and fish Strawberry, even if the limit was lower. 4 big kokes are better than 12 of those little 9 inchers, we never even fished The Pig during the Summer last year and we likely won't this year either.
[signature]
"a couple that were 12' near the dam"

Wish I could catch some 12-footers! [cool] I wouldn't complain about their size.

Sorry, Curt, I just couldn't resist[Wink].
[signature]
Good catch Craig, I better fix that[Wink].
[signature]