Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishlake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two years ago I could do no wrong on the kokes and caught limit after limit.
Last year did ok but nothing like the year before.
I am headed down tomorrow and was wondering if anybody has been catching them?
Pms or open forum welcome and appreciated.
Thanks!
[signature]
We fished there a week ago and didn't catch a thing. I tried everything I could think of as far as color, size, depth, speed, location. You name it I tried it. We could see the fish on the graph but they had a case of lock jaw.
I can usually limit out on Kokes wherever I go except FL. I've never done worth a darn there. I hope you do better than I did.
[signature]
Thanks Elk, but please hurry and send me a better report.
That is not what I wanted to hear......
[signature]
Please report how you did.
[signature]
Ok, will be getting home late Sunday and should be able to report on Monday.
[signature]
I was there about three weeks ago and we caught Kokanee and Rainbows in the middle of the lake. We fished shallow, less than 20 feet. Pink and Green worked best tipped with pink corn. The GPS was invaluable to keep us on fish and trust the fish finder for the depth of the fish. They are a little behind historical patterns so look for fish to be shallower than usual. Speed was 1.6. We didn't land limits because we stopped fishing when the wind picked up around 9. We hooked enough for limits, but as usual with Kokanee, we didn't land them all.

Fun trip. Good luck.
[signature]
Pink and green what? Squid? Dodgers? Power bait?
Please clarify so I don't go down the wrong path.
[signature]
Squid for the kokanee. The dodger color didn't seem to matter as much. Our dodgers varied in color, we used pink, pink and green, green, orange, orange and green. All caught fish. Location seemed to be more important than rigging. The fish moved each day we were there so we had to search a little for them, but we always found them in the middle away from the shore and other boats. We tried a couple of spoons without success. All the fish we caught was on squids tipped with corn (pink) or a green maggot. We caught more rainbows on the maggots, so we just went with corn after we realized that was what was happening.
[signature]
We fished July 8th and 9th. On the water at 5:30. Ignore that East side and all the fish on sonar if you want kokes, see picture.

Found the kokes down 50ft right out in the middle of the lake in front of the marina. Purple kokanee killer behind an RMT Bahama mama 5 .5 Dodger 1.6 mph caught the 3 pictured.

One other koke caught Monday that was delicious was caught on an orange billed RMT squid behind an orange 3.5 RMT Dodger down 30ft.
[signature]
Did you start a new account? You’re throwing me off here. Pretty sure it’s the same Shane. Good luck at the pond. Later J
[signature]
Yes, I retired on July 12th and did not want to keep my old phone number.
New phone, new account, new chapter in my book of life.....
Kokes beat me up bad, only hooked one and lost it behind motor.
Just saw other reports but too late, I am unloading boat and camper in driveway tonight. Oh well, next time.
All the little bows you want by trolling traditional gear long-lined behind boat.
All the perch you wanted by traditional methods on weed line.
It was our little family reunion trip so did not get to fish as much as usual, but worth it.
Highlight of trip was having almost 2 year old grandson and 3 year old grandson on boat catching little bows and perch on their Mutant Ninja Turtle poles!
[signature]
Congratulations on the big event. I didn’t think you were near old enough. Probably just better at planning for it than I have been. Sounds like you had a great weekend even if the fish didn’t play the way you’d prefer. Glad to know your new handle so I can watch for your posts. And good luck with your new fishing crew. Would be fun to be free from work and able to spend time with the grandkids. Happy for you. Later J
[signature]
Thanks Jeff.
I turn 51 in a couple of months.
My goal was to beat 50 but didn’t quite make it.
I will probably end up finding some type of gig as 2020 approaches but for now I want to work on my waterfowl property, fish/hunt, and basically go whatever way I want each morning.
[signature]
Wow! Congrats on setting a tough goal and making it happen. Be sure to live it up and make me jealous enough to strive for the same goal.
[signature]
Man that is great! I’m jealous, I went and switched employers after ten years so it really messed up my retirement date, but hopefully some day I can do it. Look forward to your posts with more time on your hands now you can tell us where the hot bite is, or not. Congrats I’m happy for you. Best of luck with the new adventure. Later Jeff
[signature]