Fishing Forum

Full Version: Porcupine kokanee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fished Cokenee this morning at porcupine. Ended the day with 18 Cokenee between four of us but we easily lost 20 other ones. all of the fish we caught were between 10 and 12 inches so rather small. We had a good time and several times we had three fish on at one time they were biting on pink squids and orange wedding rings. We had our downrigger set at 32 feet and trolled at 1.7 mph Iit rained on us all morning but was beautiful with the cloud cover coming through the mountains
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Wish they would get bigger up there!
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I wonder if they have ever grown bigger there....
[signature]
Even that small, they are super tasty. Thanks for the report. I would love to get up there more, but it is a long drive from Provo.
[signature]
Every once in a while you'll get a year class that gets 14-15". It doesn't happen often enough though.

My older neighbor says back in the early koke days up there they caught them up to 18". He said the DNR than changed the limits, and within a couple years there were millions of 6-8" fish. It's never been the same since.
[signature]
Yep I wish they were bigger every now and then we would see one of those world class browns chase some 3-4 inch Kokanee to the surface and man they are huge in there. We cook the Kokanee whole and when you have a bunch it can give you a full tummy so it’s still fun but it is not flaming gorge that’s for sure
[signature]
Nice report, glad to finally hear of some koke's being caught up there. Thanks for sharing with us... J
[signature]