Fishing Forum

Full Version: FirstLight, Chick, Bass, CFF #11 (8-16-19), fchupaska
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Caught a “few” which I will always take.<br /><br />Stopped at a deep spot in the park 1st and nada there. 2nd stop ran over a school of fish in 22F.O.W. and i think to myself, we gotta get bit here, and about that time Frank says “i got one on” and puts a keeper in the box. We get our limit there in about 5 casts and catch a couple other smalls there too. Move to another area that can produce a big fish and see them on the graph but no bites. Spent an hour or more there. By now its 11 so we make a decent run down the lake to our favorite spot. Kind of slow running even with the moonlight because of all the boat traffic. About got swamped by a destroyer because I couldn’t see the waves. Just put the nose up and hope for the best lol. Anyway Frank gets our biggest bass there on his trusty shakey. We work that area hard for another hour or more and not another bite. emoBawl Racking our brains to find a big bite and NO deal emoBang No big mamas.... cull twice and still only get 7pounds and change.... ????? caught all our fish which was 10 or 12 total on plastic worms - Frank shakey and me T-Rig. Used a jig and chatter bait some for big bite but no players. Most of our fish were deeper than 15F.O.W. Went shallow once and only got a slick.<br /><br />If your going to pick a night to be out there, that was the night to do it. Conditions were great.<br /><br />We were both surprised at the amount of boat traffic out there. Fisherman and pleasure boats. Be careful out there.<br /><br />Thanks Frank for fishing the night deals with me.<br /><br />Congrats to the good bags brought in and Steven and Billy for the W. And thanks to the guys on the committee for doing all the work. <br /><br />Only thing we got that was pic worthy was the moonrise:<br /><br /><br /><br />