Fishing Forum

Full Version: FirstLight, Chicky, 2bass, CFF #12 (9-7-19), Nauticman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ll start out my saying thanks to Dad for telling me to stick it out on this one - because at 11:30, I was ready to put her on the trailer. I know that’s weak, but up to that point we had tried multiple patterns in areas that we are CONFIDENT in and only 2 bites. At this point, I waste about 30 minutes idling around and Dad says, let’s go fish a drain we caught a good one in last year. So we did. I set the boat up downstream, and shortly after, he says I got one workin’ me, I see the line straightening up, he sets the hook and a good fish jumps out of 15 FOW almost immediately, He then works the fish to the boat from a long cast and I slip the net under it. Then I say well, I guess we are staying lol. We stay on that pattern for the rest of the time we got left, about an hour or so and I get a twin to his fish on my trusty jig. Funny thing was, both of those fish were what we call “lone rangers”. No others to go along with them.<br /><br />Another funny thing is, we had a total of 5 bites all day long; boated only 2 fish, and a 4+ pounder with our other 2 fish would have won the derby. Crazy man. <br /><br />Congrats to everybody on catching some bass and those that won some $ on a dreaded September day. <br /><br />Thanks to the guys that do all the work to put these things on too.