Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry success specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Tuesday before the cold, 3 of us on a boat caught 70 to 80 total.
We fished the 1st bay west of Renegade boat ramp, in 14 to 23 feet of water, there were sweet spots.
We trolled slowly due to one was using floating rainbow Rapala. We other two threw 2.5 inch tube jig (Gitzit) with 1/4 once, in white with white sparkle, but smoked with blue flecks worked too.
NOTE: UNLESS TIPPED WITH PARTIAL WORM, ZIPPO. REALLY ZIPPO.
[signature]
Two of us got 49 today at the same spot. White tubes with chub cut bait. Worms nauda. We lost almost that amount bringing them to the boat. We also got several bows the biggest around 5 #. Two others around 4#. Good day to be on the water.
[signature]
Oh, that had to have been cold up there this morning. When I was there Tuesday it was 21 degrees when I arrived at 7:15.
[signature]
I was in the same area on Tuesday too. There was a bank tangler just below the northwest corner of the parking lot. I was fishing straight north of him in 40 fow. I got tired of rebaiting my tube jig with a worm and just tossed the jig with no bait and it didn't matter. It was fish on or strikes on almost every cast. I'm going to go back up next week. It's suppose to be a lot warmer.
[signature]
Man! Sounds like a fantastic day of catching. I’m hoping to make it up there in the next day or two.
[signature]
We lost quite a few, I found the Gitzit brand was hooking up better, I even filed my other hook. The difference may have been the gap, larger on Gitzit.
[signature]