Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry 10/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took some of my high school buddies up to Strawberry last Friday. They had never experienced the Fall Frenzy up there this time of year. I was a little concerned with the large cold front that had just moved through, dropping the air tempts to a balmy 22 degrees when we started at 0900. Headed to East Portal, and there wasn't a lick of wind. Throwing our usual white tube jigs on 1/4oz heads, it was a slow start to the day. Flat water isn't ideal, but we did pick up a few each the first couple hours....then a nice breeze picked up and it was on! floating across East Portal bay, we were nailing slot cutties nearly every cast. We caught a handful that barely busted the slot. All cutts with one random, nice bow. Great day, caught around 30 fish each. Love it up there...just wish I lived closer.
[signature]
Great report and pics, I especially like that spot pattern of the one on the right. Was there any size to the single bow that was caught?
[signature]
I know for some it's a love / hate relationship with Berry cuts, but I love the way they look. Those are some real nice ones.
[signature]
[quote Cowboypirate]I know for some it's a love / hate relationship with Berry cuts, but I love the way they look. Those are some real nice ones.[/quote]

hate them when fishing for kokanee but love them this time of year, the big ones are good fighters. not like a kokanee, but OK
[signature]
great pictures ! I bet your friends had a blast.
[signature]