Fishing Forum

Full Version: Flig School Invite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am offering a venue and time for anyone who might want to attend TDs Flig School for Novice's.

I can host it ANY day of the week of Nov 18th. Likley later afternoon to early evening would be best - my vacation time runneth thin.

I live In Peterson, which is in between Morgan and Ogden (across the Weber River from Mt Green). Should be about middle ground for a lot of ya.

As a bonus, will fire up the Smoker and Dutch oven and feed whomever wants to get educated. Of course significant others are welcome, Cookie would likely love the testosterone levels to be moderated in her favor. Buckwheat can keep any kids entertained in his basement room full of all the electronics things that seem to obsess that generation.

No biggie if it wont work, but figured I would post a formal offer

You can PM or post directly here

Of course final date/time will need to be agreed to by TD. He is aware I am posting this invite.
[signature]
That is great of you to offer. I'm too far away to attend that one, but thanks for doing it just he same!
[signature]
Wow, very generous offer. So TD will be there to show everyone how he does his rigging and fligging?
[signature]
TD will have to answer as to his exact topics, but i know it will be heavy into the manufacturing process. I am sure it would not take much coaxing to have it end with rigging and running. . I can throw open the swim spa cover and let him do live action show and tell. That ought win me a few points with Cookie.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Yessir. Have fligs, will travel.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]As I mentioned in another post, this session will be a basic fligology session. How to rig and fish them. And some of the basics on making them yourself. Will do some painting but advanced techniques of painting, glittering, adding spinner blades and all that will likely be individual sessions with the few who decide to get into it themselves.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]In past get-togethers for jig-making, fly tying and rod building most of those who show up are more curious than serious about really getting into making their own stuff. And that is fine. If nothing else they get a better understanding of the craft, and what goes into making the goodies. They usually also learn a bit more about technique and fishing in general. That's gotta be worth the price of admission (free). At the very least it is a chance to get together with fellow BFT wackos and talk some fishing smack.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Gratitude to the Pirate for his generous offer.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
it sounds fun

it is a 60 mile drive for me
if I can get my buddy to come we will show up
I can also take 5 min and show you how I add glow powder to dodgers and this will work on jigs.
[signature]
[#0000FF]If you can't make it, you are always welcome to visit my home playroom. We were going to get together last year to play with some ideas for koke fligs. But before we could set a play date you took off fishing for kokes all summer and you were lost to the civilized world. I have some new things I think will work for you.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I also use glow powder on jigs...and even fligs. I made some last year for ice fisherfolks. Also made some up in the larger sizes for night catters and walleye fans. See pics.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
It is a good thing fishing for Kokes is over need to start saving money for next year

plus my dad who is 99 and living with me, has been taking care of his self , but he needs me more now, just found out he has a bad hart and chronic kidney disease.

I love that guy and will stop fishing to take care of him.
[signature]
I would consider making the drive - Just let me know the date. Maybe the stars will line up that night and I can make it. Sounds fun.
[signature]
[#0000FF]If we can get someone from Utah County to come up with a venue for us it will make it easier on those from the more southerly areas.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I will be glad to hold more than one session if we have a few folks from each of the main population areas.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I almost failed Fligonometry in High School, but I may attend just to nibble on Cookie...err, I mean the Dutch Oven cooking.
[signature]
I'm interested in attending. Pat nailed it- sounds like a good way to see if I would like to move from curious to serious.
[signature]
I also have an interest in going Fliggin Dutch & Smoker eats. [bobWink] It will give me an opportunity to meet some of the folks around our part of the world, however, some I do know some. I have the date marked down but it wouldn't hurt to bump this thread as a reminder later as time gets close.
[signature]
I'm thinking. I'm sure we can come up with someplace to do it. Give me a few days.
[signature]
OK, sounds good, thanks Pat.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Be great if you could make it. I'm sure you could download some personal experience that would be of value to the newbies.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
When it gets a bit closer, I will post a new thread, with a confirmed date and time and final details, so we can get a headcount. Until then - tight lines - and look forward to see ya on the water or at the cowboy-pirate homestead - whichever comes first.
[signature]
Sounds good to me! appreaciate your offer and it'll be good to see what CowboyLand looks like....if you need help with eats/snacks, just let me/us know....And T.D. -- I'd also be very interested in some type of front spinner flig/hoochie/squid contraption....( Floochie? Squig?) for Kokanee trolling....Anyhow, whatever you guys come up with, I'd enjoy it....
[signature]
[#0000FF]I will be bringing along my boxes of goodies...with a lot of things I have not really publicized yet. Always working on new ideas...some better than others.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Had a couple of ideas for koke fligs earlier in the year and was bouncing the ideas off liketrolling. But then he got busy fishing and we never had a chance to hammer anything out. However, I will have some options for look-see at the gathering and would welcome your input and suggestions.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I'd like to attend as well, but I've got a possible TDY that I'm supposed to attend that week, however, they don't know if they have budget to send me out yet or not.... Sooo I'm iffy on whether I can commit... I want to, just don't know if I'll have to be out of town that week or not... Thanks so much for putting this together... and hopefully I can make it... Jeff
[signature]
Pages: 1 2