Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lets Flig - Flig School Reminder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First, just back from the BFT Catfish Contest dinner - had a great time. Thanks Jeff/Craig (others?) for putting it together. Cookie and I are looking forward to joining into the fray next year. I think her and Violet were scheming up a new stink-bait to try on Richards shinny new boat. Enjoyed meeting some new friends. Wish I could of met you all, but am sure we will rub shoulders at some point.

Pat has confirmed the date and time of the Flig School at our place in Morgan

It is Tues Nov 19th (next Tues)

You can arrive any time after 4 PM. I will have a few table scraps warmed up to munch on (pork bombs in the smoker and such)

Likely we will actually get rolling with fligonometry around 5 and depending on how deep we go, and what people want to chat about, would likely end up around 7 PM

If you are interested, please respond, or PM me, and I will get you directions, maps and such. That will also help me get a head count for the vittles.

Looking forward to it - until then tight lines
[signature]
I'll be making my appearance, looking fwd to it. [fishon]
[signature]
Not sure I'm going to be able to make it, but I'll see what happens dentist appointment earlier that day... I picked up a batch of Pat's fligs last night, and boy he does a nice job on them... Really wish it wasn't so cold now for catfish, I'd love to try a Kong flig with a fillet of carp on it.. Next year I guess.. Pat mentioned they might work or mackinaw as well, so maybe I'll get to try them sooner... Thanks for putting this on, it will be a great learning adventure.. Later Jeff
[signature]
Greetings all:

New member, first post and long time viewer.

OBIO rhymes with Ohio ;-)

I've long enjoyed the fishing reports and other information posted by many. I don't fish as much as many of you; have other interests and obligations. However, a little closer association with you fine folks might cure that! I will try and contribute what I can as a small payment for what I've learned from all of you.

Cowboy Pirate: I would greatly enjoy attending the FLIG seminar you are so graciously hosting. It took me a long time to figure out what a FLIG even was. I finally saw a photo, then knew.

TudeDude: Thank you in advance for offering to conduct the seminar. I enjoy making and working on my outdoor gear (tie my own flies, etc.). Not only do I appreciate you sharing this knowledge, I've also tremendously enjoyed the periodic links to specific waters/fish along with the informative fishing reports. The efforts made at presenting thorough and correct information are noted and sincerely appreciated.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks next Tuesday evening.

OBIO
[signature]
[#0000FF]Welcome aboard. Look forward to meeting you. Glad you have benefitted from the stuff we have posted in the past and look forward to some posts from you in the future.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]If you tie flies, you should be able to turn out some creditable fligs. Then ones I make with tails require about a minute in the fly tying vise, before super gluing into the foam body. Otherwise it is pretty much a simple craft almost anyone can do.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I am attaching a couple of things I have posted in the past...both for your benefit and to help cover some of the basics of what will be shown at the get-together.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I will PM you the details
[signature]
I will PM you details
[signature]
I plan on attending if I can find my way.
[signature]
The wife and I will be there.
[signature]
I am going to regretfully decline. I have another commitment that afternoon, and I don't even fish with fligs much less make them. Have fun y'all.
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]
Thanks.
Reply sent.
[signature]
Had a number of inquiries about bringing food. I should have the table scraps covered, but if you have a treat you want to bring along, I wont argue. Heck I wont turn away any chow, for that matter, that shows up to add to the feast, if you have a favorite side dish

Might be helpful to bring an extra chair just incase I miss count
[signature]
Ok, I will eat your share of the pork bomb Wink
[signature]
still planning to be there. thanks
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
Looks like we have a great group set to get fliggy

If anyone did not get directions PM me and I will get them to you - otherwise see ya there
[signature]
It looks like I may be able to attend after all. Just to eat and hobnob, but that's half the fun anyway, right?

PM received. THANKS!
[signature]
Pages: 1 2