Fishing Forum

Full Version: How many hardcore fishermen went out today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Weather here in nephi was snowing most of the day so i did not go to redmond. How was the fishing for the guys that went out and how did you do?
[signature]
This morning a friend and I braved the blizzard and went out to Hyrum only to get skunked again. The snow was bad at first and then off and on. It was kinda wet but really warm.
[signature]
Took my son and his friend to Rockport today. Got on the ice and fishing at about 1:00. Fished east side half way between the boat ramp and the dam 50 yards out. Had to move a couple of times to find perch. Fished in 40 ft of water with ice flies tipped with meal worms, or night crawler. Caught three limits of perch. Caught and released about 15 trout. Perch were really good sized. Trout were small 10-12 inches. Not many people on the ice. Only 3-5 vehicles at the boat ramp. Most of the parking lots on the west side weren't full. Left at 5:00. Fun trip.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]IFG & I went to Sportsman's...[/size][/font]
[signature]
I fished Hyrum yesterday with my scouts. We never even had a bite. I have fished that lake 4 times now and I have only ever caught one fish. At least it was warm!
[signature]
The girlfriend and I went to Sportsmans too, what a coincidence, you must be getting ready for a big fishing trip or something!!![cool]
[signature]
Hey buddy I went to Jordanelle Saturday and it was a beautiful day on the ice. It was warm no wind until about 2 PM and it didn't snow on us. With that all said It snow Friday night and laid down 8 inches of wet wet heavy snow. I got the car stuck twice butr got it out OK. We had to park by the pay station and walk in but dragging a sled it was no problem.

Today is a different start all together. We got dumped on. I go 10" of concrete snow and it was still snow, but very lightly last time I checked.

As for Jordanelle...we took home 15 nice fat perch shortest one in the bucket was 8" biggest one 12" all the rest in between.
[signature]
From reading your post, it sounds like you fished rock cliffs, What were the slush conditions like there?
[signature]
Yep Rock Cliff, but no slush, there was 8" of fresh snow and the slush that had been reported had frozen over. We even fished over by the springs against the hillside and didn't get into slush.
[signature]
I went with two friends to try evening fishing at Scofield. I have never ice fished there in the evening and wanted to see what the bite was like. Well, it sucked. I caught a small bow on my first time letting my bait down the hole. After that the snow started and we got covered in over an inch. I ended up catching one more small one and the two guys I was with each caught one small one. The snow was pretty deep so we had to settle for fishing straight out from the last set of shacks on the east side. It was fun just to be fishing but there were sure not a lot of fish.

We did sit and watch a truck get stuck farther to the south of us. They tried for over an hour to get it out and eventually had to call a tow truck. I'm not sure exactly what happened after that but we later saw the tow truck leave and come back with some more vehicles to help get the truck out. I still don't know why somebody would try to park that far down on the beach when there was that much snow.
[signature]