Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah Lake March Newsletter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any idea what their big announcement is?
Wonder if they are deciding to do something with the piece of ground acquired at lincoln beach?
I bet that you're right. I had forgotten about that.
I hope the big announcement is about improvements at the knolls
(03-18-2020, 11:00 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea what their big announcement is?

I suspect it has something to do with all of the property acquired around Lincoln Point.  I will make some discreet inquiries.
It's actually going to be about the property near Powell slough I am guessing, They have plans for a community pond and finshing the trail from vinyard to the provo marina. It's been all over the utah waterfow assocation facebook page. A private land owner has opened up a good size chunk of his land to improve the area and access to the lake in the area to sportsman and the general public. Good catfishing over there.
(03-19-2020, 11:54 AM)TubeDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2020, 11:00 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea what their big announcement is?

I suspect it has something to do with all of the property acquired around Lincoln Point.  I will make some discreet inquiries.
I got a reply back from Sam Braegger of the ULC.  His ability to divulge info is probably limited...pending a formal announcement by the agencies and entities involved.  This is his reply.
Lincoln Beach is not a part of the improvements for this year. We will be releasing a press release to the news media in the next week or so about the projects for this year. Its been suggested that funding might be available for multiple years, and I would think that Lincoln Beach could potentially be a part of a future proposal to receive funding. We will have to reach out to the county to see how they would like to proceed. 

Sam Braegger  Outreach Coordinator   O: 801-851-2900   C: 801-669-2782
Thanks for asking around.
March is almost up and I still have not seen the Newsletter.  Have I missed it?
(03-29-2020, 10:58 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: [ -> ]March is almost up and I still have not seen the Newsletter.  Have I missed it?

The link was posted at the top of this thread.  Here 'tis again.
https://mailchi.mp/a94534b2bf3e/facebook...0809e13659
Still no information, just a promise of an announcement.
(03-31-2020, 05:01 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: [ -> ]Still no information, just a promise of an announcement.
I suspect that other "issues" are currently higher on the list of priorities.  Sam is pretty good about keeping me in the loop and I am waiting (impatiently) for his updates.  I'll pass along any info I get.
(03-31-2020, 05:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2020, 05:01 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: [ -> ]Still no information, just a promise of an announcement.

I suspect that other "issues" are currently higher on the list of priorities.  Sam is pretty good about keeping me in the loop and I am waiting (impatiently) for his updates.  I'll pass along any info I get.
Here you go. Like I said it's been discussed in the waterfowl forums for about 2-3 months. I am in touch with biologist, utah lake commision and even spoke with the land owner. It's there baby that's being worked on for the next 2-3 years. 
https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/c...VAPOyIapO8
(03-31-2020, 08:32 PM)fishinfool Wrote: [ -> ]

Here you go. Like I said it's been discussed in the waterfowl forums for about 2-3 months. I am in touch with biologist, utah lake commision and even spoke with the land owner. It's there baby that's being worked on for the next 2-3 years. 
Thanks for the link.  Sounds like some nice improvements for the public.
(03-31-2020, 08:59 PM)TubeDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2020, 08:32 PM)fishinfool Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the link.  Sounds like some nice improvements for the public.

You're welcome. Should be a nice place for the utah county folks.